If you are new to following along you might have missed my Free year long project that I'm running with my buddy QuiltJane. We asked 84 designers to join us and we created a FREE for a year...100 block sampler called The Splendid Sampler™
When the project ends in Feb 2017 we are publishing an amazing book of the patterns, avail in April! SO excited! For the book we have several quilts with various numbers of blocks as we know not everyone will do all 100. Jane and I are both making our own personal quilt, sewing along with you! I have 2 more blocks to share today
First is Holly Degroot's 'Full Circle'. I REALLY wanted that print with the Fruit gum wrapper on the top, but it wasn't big enough using the Charm pack to get in the words. So being a resourceful quiltmaker, I made it work! Watch my video for how
As a kid I had an obsession with gum. I actually chewed gum way into my adult years, packs and packs of it! So when I saw the Fruit Gum by Cotton & Steel in the Fruit Dots line... well.. I knew it had to go into a block!
Each time I finish a block I showcase it on my stand.... LOVE these stands!!! Get yours ON SALE, there is one that you can put on the wall too!
And today is block 77 from Sara Lawson. It's a simple block, but not a simple block! With some larger areas and small pieces, there is plenty of room to showcase images, if you carefully cut around.
Sara talks about how sewing created a community she can belong to. At her site she explains more how sewing really changed her how she communicates.
I also believe that sewing communities have changed my life. I can meet anyone that sews, anything, and instantly we can talk. It's the best feeling ever to make new friends. I went through my bins of fabric pulled for this project to find some interesting pieced.
- First 'Dream Your Dreams' is from my my line 'The Sweet Life' .. the word fabric is filled with sayings ... and all of us have dreams to dream. Big ones, tiny ones, no matter the size it's important to make your dreams come true.
- I just purchased the little girls, some are single on the fabric, some have friends. I'm the kind of person that loves to do things with just one friend. Have adventures, really be together when we go out. The saying on this fabric is on the right "Sometimes the Wind will take You'. Maybe on a trip to the quilt shop.. wink!
- The typewriter key is because I spend a lot time typing in my life... and the keyboard the way I do alot of my communication for work, to friends and to family.
- The wee little hart is from the 'Lil Red' line
- The red/white block looking fabric and the tape measure are both to celebrating sewing!
- Then the honey comb on the right is how quilters are such 'busy bees' .. we buzz here.. and we buzz there. Either to go to a shop, a show, a reteat or just around our space sewing!
- Last is the strip along the top to celebrate the travel I do to meet quilters.. and occasional for fun!
If you have a second, leave me a note below about my project, what has surprised you the most?
Get the Goodies!
- DOWNLOAD the blocks
- Super adorable block Stands Get yours ON SALE
- Fruit Gum by Cotton & Steel
- The sweet little girls,
- 'The Sweet Life' with my word fabric
- 'Lil Red' line - the doll panel is ADORABLE!
- The super cute vintage looking scissor I use (best part is the finger holes are large!)
Enter your email to get my free club newsletter
Join me at my online Classroom, it's loads of fun!
article continues below ad