Can Paradise REALLY be a pumpkin? Well it can if it is MORE than one! This is "Pumpkin Paradise" block 7 of my 9 block "Red Apple Lane" BOM being run by quilt shops. Make a single block or the whole quilt.. let's take a look
I can't wait to hang this quilt in my home, right now it's 'touring' to visit all of you! I can't decide if I'll hang it in my living room or use it on the couch.
Which would you do?
I loved selecting the fabrics for this block. I mixed my cotton and batiks. The batiks allow me so much range of color and 'shading' and go perfect with cottons. It's a great way to work...
A close up of the quilting and stitching.
For the pumpkins I quilted curves for the ridges, I like how it makes the shape feel even more curvy.
The watering can is accented with a rim. Quilting gives the can a vertical feel. This is my tonal red from the batiks in the line.
If you have not mixed your fabrics yet, you should! Don't they look great?
I never tire of the shape of a pumpkin. Right now I'm spotting loads of fun photos of gardens where the pumpkins are just starting to form. The blossom is so beautiful! One year my neighbors planted pumpkins in their front gardent and they spread out over the yard .. their children had SUCH a blast watching them grow.
This photo was taken at one of my local markets last fall, the grey green pumpkins fascinate me.
- CLICK HERE for Prior Sew Along Posts. You can always find them on the sidebar's black category button
- My "Pumpkin Paradise" block is made with all my 'Eat Your Fruit and Veggie" fabrics. CLICK HERE to see my line and where to buy it.
- Need Help? Ask at my Quilt group HERE!
- Need the patterns or a kit to Join me for the fun? CLICK HERE for buying INFO
- NEED JUST the Pumpkin Block? Buy at my publisher HERE