It's BUTTON day!! The collection for November is called Hazelnut and the buttons are just beautiful! PLUS the Fat Quarter Shop designed a gorgeous free acorn block for us... keep reading for the download!
AND be sure to check the Flash Sale today!
I made my first Acorn wall hanging with Corey's adorable fabric and PILED on those buttons, so so cute!
I think her coral dot is perfect.. I may need to get a bit more...
One thing about applique is that sometimes you can see the print on a background through the applique shape. I could see the floral throug the dot. So here is what I did
- First Stitch the block
- Turn over
- since i use the cut away method of fusible, I can Gently separate the acorn and backing.
- Trim away the backing fabric, and cut a 2.5" square so I can use it in my my scrap quilts!
- For fussy cutting the French General ver (below) I am able to easily see the image for placement, which you could not do a easily with full fusible.
Get more of my tips on fusible applique from My Applique Book
NOW visit the Fat Quarter Shop to see their Acorn!
All the Goodies I used
- Subscribe to the Button Club
- Past Button collections (like the yellow I'm going to use on my pineapple.
- My Applique Book so you can learn to do easy applique like this!
- Corey Yoder's Fabric
- French General Fabric, check the sales!!, I am using this Charm Pack
- Super awesome new storage tins, the red one has cards in it!
- NEW fine 80wt thread for hand or machine applique
- ALL the Aurifil Thread
HAVE to share the Pattern of the Month is 'Gobble Gobble'..
CLICK, BUY, DOWNLOAD.. Being a Thanksgiving baby... I need to make this quilt!
article continues below ad