When you purchase my machine quilting book you receive access to exclusive video clips about several techniques. I wanted to do these 2 videos to show you how I think about the design while using my walking foot to quilt.
I did 2 exclusive videos so you can see my process.
In Video #1 you see how I quilted the center red medallion area of this panel.
This is with my walking foot.
I'm turning the panel and following the designs to outline them.
In Video #2 you learn why I trimmed the outer edge, how i did the rest of the design area and the light border.
A closeup of the quilting in this area with my walking foot.
My binding is cut on the bias since we have a circle. Using my 50 wt Aurifil thread I was able to match the red and i did a straight line stiched binding to complement this table mat. I felt a blanket stitch would have competed with the lines printed on the edge of the panel. I like those so left them. But on this panel you could have trimmed them away if you preferred that.
Fits so nicely on my round table, now I need some pretty red plates!
Products I used
- My Machine Quilting Book with Lessons, exclusive video access, and great patterns! (on sale right now!)
- The panel is North Woods by Kate Spain for Moda, You might find some here
- Other panels to use.
- 50 wt Aurifil Thread.
- My red Quilter's coffee mug
- The other posts in this series
- Subscribe to my Videos.
- And be sure you don't miss a thing, CLICK to get my Weekly Tips & deals Email!
Article continues below this Ad