Remember I was NOT making a QUILT, I had no idea how a quilt was supposed to look or be made, except that to make my bedspread I used a 'quilt magazine'...hehe! I LOVE this quilt and never thought it was 'Bad' or 'Ugly' or 'Wrong'. It was just one of a zillion things I made and used.
First another photo of the LOV-ER-LY quilt... what happens when you don't catch the seam properly... now this only happens if I'm fudging ... easing something in.... such a RARE occurrence!
A few answers to questions from yesterday
- The Antique Sewing machine I found at an online auction and saved the photo for 'someday'
- The 'blue patch' is not a patch.... look close at that photo... at all the photos. What you are seeing is the BACKING through a GIANT HOLE in the quilt!!! Ted chewed a hole, the batting has been migrating out for... ummmm... ever... so I did a running stitch at some point to close the wound... hole... there you go!
- The 'storage closet' is our second largest bedroom in the house used for storage, warehouse and shipping department. I have a very small house!
- No I am not going to hold up each and every one of the quilts on the shelves for you to see... no... what? Chocolate? Flowers? ... FYI - every single quilt you see in those photos has been published in a book or a pattern or a magazine.. every single one.
- Yes I DO have more quilts.. lots more!
- Will I send you a quilt.. not today.. tomorrow does not look good either
- For those of you who said you STILL have some of that blue flower fabric.. yes this one on the right incase you forgot. I do believe in the late 70's it was the ONLY blue fabric you could buy... correct me if I'm wrong... but I think that is right. Oh back to you STILL OWNING SOME... now is the time to move that puppy out.. you DO NOT NEED IT.. you HAVE NOT USED IT.. let it go... you'll be fine. I promise.
- I want to thank Nancy for awarding me 'worst first quilt ever'... it is SUCH an honor.. where is my tiara? Or cupcakes? Maybe a PIE???? mmm????
- It is heart warming to know I made SO MANY OF YOU feel SO MUCH BETTER that MY quilt is worse than yours... gee... now I can sleep at night!
- And if you have NOT shared your first quilt.. I dare you... double dare you... I double DOG dare you to share that picture with me... it can NOT be worse than this one (although I did enjoy the story in the comments about the Cathedral window SKIRT that was not only worn by the maker but shared by her helper! The two of them SHARED WEARING it to events. LIke.. nobody KNEW it was the same outfit?? Are there PHOTOS Of this? Evidence.. I want evidence!)
whew... ok... If you are ready for MORE first quilts.. skim my comments from yesterday for links.. then head over to Camille's link where there are another 50 or so hardy souls that bared all! Click to
MY FIRST QUILT
You may need aspirin or wine or something to get through that many... maybe a massage afterwards.. I dunno.. tell me if you look at ALL of them!