Sometimes I go stop in my tracks when I see a quilt, this is one that did it for me! My friend Joanna of Figtree Loves antique quilts. She designed this quilt using vintage blocks in a gorgeous and classic Red/Green/Cream.
The blocks seem to float as she used the same cream for ALL the block backgrounds and I love the effect!
She worked created this gorgeous book with all the blocks, and 10 bonus projects using single blocks, it's so cool!
And I decided.....
I HAD to make it
And sewing is WAY more fun with friends.. so.... do you want to sew along?
Two blocks a month for 10 months.. BUT WAIT.. I have another option!
Article continues below these Amazon Goodies
Are you REALLY more into making a classic Blue Quilt?
Yep.. A second version in Something Blue fabric from my friend Edyta....
The video shows you the inside of the book... I love all the Bonus patterns!
Here are the Details, I hope you sew along!
Article continues below this Ad
DO FIRST : Christmas Fig Book
- BOOK IS REQUIRED - BUY the Book HERE (on sale!)
- CLICK & Enter your email to get notices of my new articles
Supply List - Red/Green in the book
- CLICK TO DOWNLOAD Christmas Figs Quilt Supply List
- CLICK for Christmas Fig Fabric Used in the quilt, some might be sold out but it's easy to find a similar fabric as they are small prints.
Supply List - Something Blue Fabric by my friend Edyta at Laundry Basket
- 1 - Half Yard Bundle Something Blue... and CLICK HERE for all the Something Blue fabric to pick your own pieces
- 5 2/3 Yard - Cream solid
- 1 yd - Binding I'm using THIS STRIPE
- 7 1/2 yds - Backing, CLICK for what I'm using
Quilt Along Details
- 10 Month Sew Sampler Sew Along
- Start Date: Aug 31, 2018
- Assignment & Tips from Pat: The Last Friday of the Month
- End Date: May 31, 2019
- Number of blocks: 20
- Block Size: 16” x 16”
- Full Quilt Size: 78” x 96”
- Book contains an additional 10 bonus projects with the blocks