Block #3 of my 'Let's Go Camping' is here! This theme has really gotten a lot of you sewing camping blocks with hundreds of block #1 shared, woohoo! My free sew along is made possible by FreeQuiltPatterns.info. If you are new to my sew alongs, read at the end to learn how this one works.
For Block #3 it's all about the animals!
I have a few tips for this block below, after those is the link to FreeQuiltPatterns to read my animal crossing thoughts & download the pattern
Also at the end is where you upload your quilt block photo to be in the running to win my monthly mystery prize!
Article continues below these Amazon Goodies
Fussy cutting Tip #1
- I fell in love with these darling racoons! (FIND HERE) .
- Since this block uses your ruler lines that are not your 'every day go to lines', I use either Washi Tape or Gudrun's arrows on the line so my eye stays FOCUSED on the right line. We go into automatic mode very easily so this helps me keep to the correct number
- My Triangle Book has more great tips!
Fussy Cutting Tip #2
- These racoons are a 'tossed print'. So I didn't feel the need to set them ALL a certain direction. In Tip #1, I cut them on the grain and then placed them.
- But this darling guy sitting on his butt I wanted set that way. I used the washi tape to be sure I was on track, and cut 2 sides past the tape.
- Then rotated and cut the other 2 sides. It creates some wasted but I didn't mind that!
- Washi Tape and the 6.5" Ruler I use
Article continues below this Adscript async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">
Download The Pattern & supply list
- CLICK on over to my article to download the pattern
- SIGN UP FOR notices of new blocks & articles
- AND Visit my latest FB live. i'm sitting on the floor!
- 12.5" square ruler BUY HERE, or HERE or HERE
- arrow stickers, which are brilliant! You can get HERE
- PATTERN DOWNLOADS - Are always at >>> FreeQuiltPatterns.info
- HASHTAG #LetsGoCampingBOM
- MONTHLY Giveaway! - Share your block BELOW each month, I'll giveaway a fun prize to a random number winner, so you'll want to keep up with making and sharing your block each month!
Order the Fabrics I am Using
- Get this Fantastic book to learn more Fussy cutting tips!
- BUY The Fabric basics I'm using
- The Darling Racoon fabric
- The trees I used
- Novelty camping/woodsy prints
I will select ONE random person to win a mystery prize each month, POSTED by end of Day Mar 1 here!
Our Random Winner is Janis R!