You never know what goodies will be at the Flash sale! fabric, patterns, precuts, notions!
Put a Blue Button on it today! I LOVE button club day.. I've collected and used buttons for years and the club is so fun as I now have such a neat collection of colors!
The club each month is one color and has a variety of sizes and shapes. But you can also buy little snack packs that let you add to your stash.
I designed this table runner to use quite a bit of a mini charm (My Sunday Drive now in shops!).
Each Button club pack also comes with a cute red heart! Sometimes I use it, sometimes I save it for another project.
I quilted with a wavy line and a decorative stitch.. if you want to learn more about those watch my youtube video.
I deecided to approach the applique in a different way for this project.
I quilted the piece FIRST, then fused the applique and blanket stitched though all the layers.
My walking foot is great for doing this.
Now to decide on the buttons for the flower.
I like to lay them ON the flower but then I have to pick each one up, figure out the perfect placement and sew it.
I starting thinking... maybe.. I can glue them!
I use Roxanne's basting glue for EVERYTHING. It's liquid and I think it holds longer. So let's give it a try...
Do you think it will hold?
I let it sit for about 15 minutes and then.....
I can not TELL you how excited that makes me!!! I feel like I just invented the cure for the cold. It's that big!
As I sewed down the buttons I was careful with the flower so that I didn't pop them off.. it worked REALLY well.
I hope you enjoy my table runner project and I hope you pick up some of my Sunday Drive fabric!
“Blue Button Delight”
12” x 20”
- 1 Mini Charm pack of Sunday drive..(uses 24 squares in the piecing and 5 to 6 for the leaves depending on how many green squares are in the charm pack)
- 8 squares TOTALLY 2.5" of green, some will come from the charm pack above, then cut a few extra from your stash as needed
- 4 squares 4" of light blue for flower heads
- FQ Bella solid cream - ON SALE in FEB!
- FQ Sunday Drive for border
- FQ Sunday Drive for binding
- 1/2 yd of backing
- Aurifil 50wt & Floss
- Button club
All the Goodies
- Buttons & the Button Club Membership
- Sunday Drive
- Aurifil Floss
- Aurifil Floss all Colors + you can own a set that are nicely grouped to get you started!
- Basting Glue and Wonderclips, you can never have too many!
Article continues below this Ad