My first sew along from my Teach Me to Machine Quilt book is to quilt a panel.
For this BONUS Tutorial I'm going to teach you how to look at the panel and think about how you can quilt it.
This video I walk you through the though process for the center of this Medallion panel.
I decided to show you how effective your walking foot can be for this panel.
Here is the final that I did after the video.
I'm Quilting with Aurifil 50 wt.
Just like I show you in my video, I did not mark the lines, I use my nail to trace it just ahead of each pie shape.
You can see the outline quilting too.
Click this photo for a larger view of the whole center medallion.
I'm done with the center. I'm not adding anymore to this one. You certainly could do more, and it would be fast and easy to add more quilting with your freemotion stitches as you can turn and maneuver better. I will be doing a 2nd video to show you the outer white area in a few days!
- Enter your email for my weekly club note
- Join me at my online group where we have so much inspiration each day!
- Buy My Teach Me to series of books, ALL on discount at the moment!
- Find my Aurifil thread, with some incredible deals!
- Check the clearance area.. always a great find!
article continues below ad