Today is the day!!! My 4th year of designing, writing and hosting a Free Mystery Block of the Month (BOM). Let me first give you a little background incase you are new to my Mystery BOM.
I have been designing and running my mystery for the website FreeQuiltPatterns.info. They are a portion of the company LikeSewWebsites that builds websites & webstores for your favorite quilt shops and quilt designers. They started this fun Free Quilt Pattern page for all of us! They also build lots of other business websites.. but we like the quilt ones best.. wink! They are a highly motivated group of techies and the wife of one owner is the quilt designer of CuteQuiltPatterns.com, so we are super lucky she convinced them to do fun things!
What I do is similar to what I do for the Aurifil Designer of the month block challenge and my Talk show for American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine.... I design, produce and run the project for the companies I work with.
My Theme this year is to celebrate our most loved and cherished Children's books! After the 'how to stuff' below keep reading for a little insight into my books I'm sharing today.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Just like the Aurifil project, the main information is the company website >>> FreeQuiltPatterns.info
- I select a theme for the year. The block does not LOOK like the theme, it's just a way to have fun and create a great memory each month. I've done Globetrotting, Vacation time, and My Secret Garden the previous 3 years. This year is The Children's Library!
- My mysteries are fun pieced 12" finished blocks, 12.5" before you put into a top. Nothing too complicated.
- There are 10 blocks, and a setting. My settings have some 'units' to it so it's not just sashing.
- The block is released around the 1st of the month depending on weekends, schedules, holidays .. etc. Block #1 of 2017 will be released on Jan 5 for the holiday/schedule reason.
- The block download and other FUN things, are at the FreeQuiltPatterns.info and I will announce it here at my website, at my FB group, FB page, Instagram and FreeQuiltPatterns will have on their FB page.
- To get my notice the same day I write the post, CLICK and ENTER YOUR EMAIL.
- To get my 'mostly' weekly article CLICK and ENTER YOUR EMAIL
I have some of my favorite books my mom saved for me, these three are ALL Alphabet books!! Seriously.. I really was a book nerd. I LOVED how they illustrated each letter with THINGS.. like snowmen and daisies, and a castle... oh I love that castle!
Did I get bored so people kept giving me NEW alphabet books? Did i look for a new shape for the letter 'S' in each? I wonder what my little brain was doing with all this information.
My life did a total change when we moved to Germany in 5th grade and I was able to go to the base library... BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!!! oh my goodness it was heaven to go in there and walk around. I don't remember a library experience prior.. will have to ask my mom what we did stateside when I was younger.
It seems my love of letters and text and images started a long time ago
At some point i seem to have started taking a notebook with me and sketching totally amazing things like
Houses with flat cars in the driveway... I was destined to be a star! please note the person in the hammock and my future pet.. Now to the fun part, the supply list!
CLICK On over to the supply list page, watch my video it will really help you because this year we are doing a controlled scrappy quilt! AND when over there, leave me a comment telling me your favorite childhood book
Can I still get the last 3 Mysteries?
You sure can! We have a landing page for each Mystery
Tell again where the pattern is....
- CLICK On over to the supply list page,
- To get my notice the same day I write the post CLICK and ENTER YOUR EMAIL.
- To get my 'mostly' weekly article in your email CLICK and ENTER YOUR EMAIL
- Down below share a photo of your fabric selection!
article continues below ad