oh my goodness.. what happens when your button box arrives and the buttons are Aqua...
And the theme of the box is "Ocean Treasures".. for a city girl, I dream of the beach.. a lot.. like.. a LOT.
Having lived as a little girl just a few blocks from the Atlantic.. the sea has always drawn me.
I immediately went and got my Charm pack of Coral Queen of the Seas!!!! (that is not in the kit, but the cross stitch is!)
And that seahorse? read on!
The Awesome Fatquarter shop created this cute mini!!! At the end is the download of the template.
But I decide to do something a bit different.
First I got out my new aqua Hello Tin to hold the Aqua buttons.. because.. I can!
The little wool ball and pins come in the kit!! THIS is why you need to be a subscriber.. how fun to have a goodie box!
First i made 4 HST units that will become a 'Boden' Block.. or quilt... from my Triangle Book.
Then I used fusible applique and 50 wt Aurifil to stitch the seahorse.
I REALLY love this!!!!
The buttons are so beautiful and so many shapes..
I played with a double button eye,and tiny heart on the tail.
Laying out more buttons....
Tiny ones on the tail...
And an audition!
I'll stitch them down with the 12 wt thread.
*** QUESTION - Should I put a double button for the Eye? ***
All the Goodies I used
- Subscribe to the Button Club
- Past Button collections (like the yellow I'm going to use on my pineapple.
- My Triangle book, where I may just use my Coral Charm pack for a Boden Quilt!
- My Applique Book so you can learn to do easy applique like this!
- Coral Queen of the Seas fabric.. be sure you get some before it's gone!
- Super awesome new storage tins, the red one has cards in it!
- Grunge Ice & Grunge Aqua
- Aurifil 50 wt aqua
- Aurifil 12 wt dark aqua and ALL the Aurifil Thread