I love the 15th of the month! Time to reveal the Aurifil Designer and the monthly Block challenge.
Wendy Sheppard and I have become great friends, I am a huge fan of her work, as You'll see in my interview with Wendy. Be sure to also visit Wendy's website where she has a BONUS download for you!
Go ahead and DOWNLOAD the pattern at the interview.. but come back!
I am loving this block! I decided to fussy cut the word fabric so it goes across.. Wendy's pattern is written perfectly for me to do this.. i didn't even have to think about it. I wanted to see how it looked with 2 colors instead of all black or all green.
The best part is having an interesting asymmetrical pieced block is that I can take just a unit, like the Top Left unit and do......
article continues below ad
It gives a super fun look! But what if I twisted and turned and repeated the whole block?
This is even cooler!
The block is ALL squares and rectangles. SO perfect for using up scraps!
All my blocks! I really wanted them on my design wall but that is full of another project. As soon as it's empty I'll take a group shot of both mine and all the Aurifil blocks.
See Last Month's winner at the END of the Interview
then come back to enter your block!
Enter your block by August 14, 2016 to be in the running
This is SUPER EASY to make ONE BLOCK for a chance to
Win a box of MY Aurifil thread!
Buy the Goods at---
- The fabric I am using, which is mostly Farmhouse from Moda HERE orHERE
- Get the GREAT Storage Containers I'm using in Aqua, Clear or Pink!
- And my Favorite Red Thread boxes They come in other colors TOO!
- Ask for Aurifil at your favorite quilt shop or you can purchase HERE,or HERE or a selection HERE
- And a MUST HAVE the white with black pin dots.. such a great basic!