Time to sew rows my friends... that is the best part.. where it starts to come togetehr
Plus having video directions.. and it's FREE?? yep... let's get sewing!
Watch Kimberly demo Part #3..I love how when you cut the extra tips off they line up so nicely..
Next I'll give you a few tips that I discovered..and a use for any extras you might have that don't make it into the final quilt!
These are my test units and I LOVE THEM, but they didn't go into the quilt... so i thought.. what can I do with them?
First.. audition a setting fabric.. I'm loving all Mochi Linen right now... it's so fun to use!
As there were sitting on the fabric it occurred to me I could make an adorable snack mat with just one!
You need a little trick to the setting units..
- Cut one large Hexie
- Sub cut it in half on the short edge, right at the 2.5" mark just like I show you
- Now you are ready to make a snack mat!
Here is what I mean about using the ruler to trim the tip, it makes everything fit together SO WELL!
want to see the finished mat?
Oh my goodness I love this!
After I sewed the sides on i then trimmed the edges straight. You could make it smaller.
Here is what I see.. fun red and white stripe fabric (like this) with a tonal red... red dots or a green dot for setting for peppermint swirl snack mats!! How about Halloween ones (this is cute fabric!) How adorable right? Use leftovers you have to sew up loads of these for friends, i can't wait to hear if you do!
****** Download LittleRuby-3-QuiltAssembly. ******
Part 1 & 2 are found HERE, part 1 has the cutting directions
If you have not done it yet, y
ou can get the rulers & other goodies during the 3 day Birthday sale!
- The Triangle Ruler and Hexie Trimmer
- My Hometown Girl fabric
- Mochi Linen, the putty gray... all the colors
- Bella Solid in Cream .
- The cute alphabitties numbers and letters to keep track!
- My Aurifil Thread kit with all the weights to try!
- Little Ruby QAL Quilt Kit like the one Kimberly is making
- Little Ruby Fabric Collection
Visit all the designers
- Melissa from Happy Quilting Angie from Gnome Angel
- Erin Cox from Why Not Sew Andy from A Bright Corner
- Heidi from Buttons & Butterflies Peta from She Quilts a Lot
- Heather from Quilt Story Megan from Quilt Story
- Amanda from Jedi Craft Girl Gerri from Planted Seed Designs
- Sherri from A Quilting Life Rebecca from Bryan House Quilts
- Sherri from This & That Patterns Jemima from Tied with a Ribbon
- Alyce from Blossom Heart Quilts Stephanie from Modern Sewciety
- Brooke from Silly Mama Quilts Carrie from Moda's United Notions
article continues below ad