Now the FUN begins, sewing up the units!!!
Plus having video directions.. and it's FREE?? yep... let's get sewing!
Watch Kimberly demo Part #2.. there are a LOT of great tips in here so watch it all the way through.
Next I'll give you a few tips that I discovered..
The best part of these rulers are how simple they are to use. Kimberly explains how to line it up and i found I can put that bottom right as FAR over as humanly possible ...
Then when you cut the triangle your rotary cutter goes right into that custom designed slot. You never have any trouble at all doing these.
I did my frugal thing.. and cut 2.5" squares from what was left whenever possible!
- Do you layout VERY CAREFULLY. Do you see how the point 'rotate' around the block.
- Do not get all wild and crazy chain piecing and decide to sew two at a time... if you do... you'll have to get friendly with your seam rippers. You sew the top half, then the bottom half.
- Watch the video for the tips on sewing placement and trimming for bulk-reduction (a quilt term.. wink!)
I am playing with a different layout for the blocks for the 2nd quilt. stay tuned!
And there is a companion sheet to download.. so be sure to do that!
****** Download LittleRuby-2-StarBlocks. ********
Now to get the most out of this, get the rulers and you'll be on your way to learning something new with me!
- The Triangle Ruler and Hexie Trimmer
- My Hometown Girl fabric
- Mochi Linen, the putty gray... all the colors
- Bella Solid in Cream .
- The cute alphabitties numbers and letters to keep track!
- My Aurifil Thread kit with all the weights to try!
- Little Ruby QAL Quilt Kit like the one Kimberly is making
- Little Ruby Fabric Collection
Visit all the designers
- Melissa from Happy Quilting Angie from Gnome Angel
- Erin Cox from Why Not Sew Andy from A Bright Corner
- Heidi from Buttons & Butterflies Peta from She Quilts a Lot
- Heather from Quilt Story Megan from Quilt Story
- Amanda from Jedi Craft Girl Gerri from Planted Seed Designs
- Sherri from A Quilting Life Rebecca from Bryan House Quilts
- Sherri from This & That Patterns Jemima from Tied with a Ribbon
- Alyce from Blossom Heart Quilts Stephanie from Modern Sewciety
- Brooke from Silly Mama Quilts Carrie from Moda's United Notions
article continues below ad