I am pretty much a city girl, but I have great dreams of big gardens with flowers, vegetables and fruit trees. I even bought a book on how to do canning from Ball Jar company......
But decided that I liked reading about it more than I actually wanted to learn to do canning!
Although making jam or pickles seems like such a fun thing to do.. it is one of the things I buy when I go to Farmer's markets, and put an adorable label on it and I'm sold!
Block 10 is a GREAT time to dig around in your fabrics for something special to use. Maybe you have fun fruits & veggie prints. Or do some embellishment on the canning jars, make these unique to you!
Since I don't really do canning, I decided vintage canning jars are perfect for many things ...
Like holding my basting pins!
I use this ALL the time
There are still Vintage Picnic FQ bundles left.. they are perfect for this project, or general stash enhancement!
And I spotted this set of blender fabrics for 50% off.. which is a great deal! They are beautiful quality
article continues below ad
My Sew Along is from my Applique Book, you need the book for the pattern
Share your blocks!
Click the blue 'add your link' below
- Patterns are in the book.. I'll sign your copy from HERE
- Digital book, ... my book is found at your favorite quilt shops!
- My book teaches you ALL the steps to Fusible applique and I have a peek at part of the process.
- Join me in my super FUN online Classroom we'll be sharing!
- sign up for my CLUB newsletter
- get a notice when i write a new article