Here is how I am approaching 'The Villages' (yes... more than on.. wink!)
I decided to start with one charm pack of Lil Red and use it up, then I'll see how they look and decid on which charm pack will be next. Going through my fabrics I found this roll of light prints given to me by my buddy Pam Kitty Morning, time to enjoy those in a quilt!
I have already taken a few squares of it out for My Splendid Sampler, most of it is left and I sorted them into colors.
This is the final block, let's take a look at the aucition!
I found it easiest to pick a roof and door, so I knew those colors
and for the first block i just cut for ONE
Then I decided the house would showcase one of the darling prints... this lil red riding hood girl has stolen my heart! And the wolf is even darling.. look at his friend hearts.. hah!
ps.. did you notice the teeny tiny mushrooms?
article continues below ad
My Final lil Red house... i love it so much!
What I learned
1- it will be MUCH EASIER to cut up a lot of units, then sew
2- in order to get variety, I should mix up several charm packs at once so that i have lil red mixed with other lines.. I think that will give the houses a look that is more 'together' than if one is from one line.. and one is from another line...
3- The goal is to get 3 charm packs and mix them up, then cut out enough for 20 or 30 house... good goal right!
ps... you can also sew if you like.. wink!
Buy the goods and sew up those Charm packs with me!!
- BUY the Pattern to sew along! (NOTE - if the link doesn't take you there, that means we are waiting for more to come in, so just check back later!)
- Lil Red charm pack on the front (I've pulled out a few for my Splendid Sampler!)
- More Charm packs.... sale ones first so grab them up!
- The little white with black dots I'll use as the background
- My favorite iron, it's cordless!
- Check out all my Pat's Picks... i added some fun new things!