Time to Sew Along on our Farmer's Market! The market isn't only about fruits and veggies, they are always flowers too! The next block in our Farmer's Market journey is the cute posey's in a jar! Such a fun block to play with.. and I used Rick Rack for the stems!
The Posey block is one of my favorites, I'd really like to do a set of these, maybe a 3 x 3 setting, with all different containers, all different flower colors. It's January..it's cold here (23 degrees as I'm writing this). So I'm dreaming of warm and flowers!
This time of year I don't have an indoor farmer's market near me. BUT I know a lot of you do! The one my granny worked at was indoor.
I setting for grocery store flowers, which are really quite nice!
I went looking through some photos and found this late blooming verbena, such great plants for pots!
And do you see a theme... red and white stripes.. mmmm....
article continues below ad
I do believe a few of you might have slacked off last month and didn't get your corn on the cob block done.. really.. were you busy... wink!
Now it's time to catch up, then by the fall you'll have your very own Farmer's Market Quilt!
BEFORE you share your block.. would you do something for me?
I'd love if you would review my book at Amazon.. here
Time to share your block!
click the blue 'add your link' down below after the last photo.
- Get out my book, You will need the book as that is where the pattern is.. I'll sign your copy from HERE
- if you prefer a Digital book, GO HERE AND my book is found at your favorite quilt shops!! Many are ALSO sewing along, so check out your shop and ask for my book
- The 2nd Wed of each month is the next block and encouragement post.
- Use the hashtag #PatSloanFarmersMarket on your photos you share!
If you have never done fusible applique, my book shows you everything. Here is a peek at part of the process. It is VERY EASY, so you can do this! You can do hand applique and I have this VISION of someone doing the quilt as redwork.. anyone planning that?
- Join me in my super active online Classroom we'll be sharing!
sign up for my CLUB newsletter