Already I hear people saying.....
I don't applique
I don't do hand embroidery
I don't paper piece
I don't.. I don't.. I don't
And why don't you?
- Maybe you tried it once and your skills were not as strong yet... so it wasn't fun. But now you have stronger skills.
- Or maybe the method you used didn't work for you. There are SO many ways to do any technique, it's time to try another way.
- Or it might be someone TOLD you it was hard. or TOLD you THEY didn't like xyz... but.. that might not be what YOU feel.
Let me share a story with you...
When I first started to quilt, I did a sampler and it had every technique (see my first sampler in my Triangle Book). So I got a taste for things.
Then I went forth and pieced lots of quilts.
I didn't do applique.
It was hard, it was tedious, it was boring,
Had I tried it lately?
No I hadn't.
The ladies in my friendship group all did hand applique, needleturn style.
Seriously ALL of them did this.
So one day they sat me down, drew a flower, showed me how.
My life changed right there
In that very nano second when I used my needle to sweep under the edge of a flower
it was glorious ...not good.. but glorious!
And now.. BOOM.. I appliqued
Not only did I applique, I LOVED applique.
I had tried it....instead of continuing to say no.
Just like I hope YOU will try the techniques coming up in The Splendid Sampler blocks.
6" blocks with a dazzling array of new and delicious things to try.
Because you can do anything you put your mind to
and if you decide it's not your Jam.. that's ok, but imagine the feeling if it is.... if it is even just a Teeny Tiny bit your jam? The door that will open to you.. the success you will feel.
(Quilt is my new pattern Hometown Charm, and my Batiks)
because saying yes changed my life more than once....
.... if you know my work, I seem to have a thing for applique.
Are you ready to try some new things with me this year?
I'm interested in hearing what you want to learn,
what are you are afraid to learn ... and WHY?
.. leave me a comment...
Let me know.. i can't WAIT for this to start!
- My Sewing Machine Pattern
- My NEW Triangle Book
- My Pat's Picks page
- The Splendid Sampler Details
- Join me in my super active online Classroom we'll be sharing!
- sign up for my CLUB newsletter
- and get a notice when i write a new article
#SSamplerJanePat #TheSplendidSamplerDesigner #TheSplendidSampler
article continues below ad