The Third block in our year long journey of Farmer's Market quilt making is the sweet, crisp, wonderful Apple!
I put Farmer's market items that mean something to me, and I have had a long love affair with the apple. They have top billing on the upper right of our quilt!
When I was a kid, we lived pretty near some apple orchards. Fall meant a trip to the orchard market. They had some HUGE markets set up at the front of the orchard with bins and bins of apples.
I can remember being so excited to go with my family. We got to walk around, sample the apples AND have fresh apple cider.. wow.. that was the BEST!
Plus the colors.. Red anyone? This may have started my red obsession!
article continues below ad
I promised some giveaways during the year, and this is my first, a really really nice one, don't you think?
A FatQuarter Bundle of my fabric AND a favorite color of My Aurifil Thread.. yeah!
What do you have to do? Before Wed Nov 4th, share one of your Farmer's Market Blocks in the link party below!
Maybe a single block, maybe you'll add to a t-towel like last month, or turn this apple into a mug rug, wouldn't THAT be cute!
BEFORE you share your block.. would you do something for me? I'd love if you would review my book at Amazon.. here
Time to share your block!
click the blue 'add your link' down below after the last photo.
- Get out my book, You will need the book as that is where the pattern is.. I'll sign your copy from HERE
- if you prefer a Digital book, GO HERE AND my book is found at your favorite quilt shops!! Many are ALSO sewing along, so check out your shop and ask for my book
- The 2nd Wed of each month is the next block and encouragement post.
- Use the hashtag #PatSloanFarmersMarket on your photos you share!
If you have never done fusible applique, my book shows you everything. Here is a peek at part of the process. It is VERY EASY, so you can do this! You can do hand applique and I have this VISION of someone doing the quilt as redwork.. anyone planning that?
- Join me in my super active online Classroom we'll be sharing!
sign up for my CLUB newsletter