And just like THAT... it's September! Time for my Mystery block and honestly I'm loving this one so much I might have to make a whole quilt of them!
We are going to the FAIR in September with my Ferris Wheel block. Over at FreeQuiltPatterns.info I share why I love the Ferris wheel.
They spin, they are round, they have lights!
I have not gotten to a fair yet this year, but my friends at Rosebud's cottage are vending at the Minnesota State Fair!! how fun! You know Roseann, that chats with me on my podcast? Well since they are at the fair, I asked her to take a photo of a Ferris wheel for me.
And because she loves me SO MUCH.. she did! Well her husband Bob did... isn't this the BEST! We both loved that he got the 'Bazooka' sign in, that just makes it perfect!
If you are going to the fair, this is where she is, go say hi!
This block is 'sew and flip'. it's a super fun way to work, and in the pattern I show you how to do this. PLUS I give you a tip in my video!
I hope you enjoyed having a head start on your inner border last month. In October I give you all the parts that fill in the gaps, THEN you have October and November to get your top done!
We will release the supply list for my 2016 Mystery just before Thanksgiving.
I've also linked this page to my Quilt Show page... See all the OTHER quilt shows going on, it's so fun!
Where to buy my Aurifil Thread
- Aurifil Thread Set THE PERFECT BOX OF NEUTRALS 50wt Cotton 12 Large (1422 yard) Spools
- Aurifil Thread Set THE PERFECT BOX OF COLORS 50wt Cotton 12 Large (1422 yard) Spools
- Olfa cutter I love and the 6 1/2" square ruler
- Have you ever tried my 40wt? Great price on 10 small spools to try for piecing, machine quilting and machine applique! Aurifil Thread set 40wt Cotton 10 small spools
article continues below ad
Time to share your Ferris Wheel blocks with me!
Just click the BLUE BUTTON at the END of ALL the photos and that takes you to the page to enter your quilt photo. You do NOT need a website, that is optional.
- Don't know HOW to share a photo? See my photo loading TUTORIAL
- DownLoad the supply list and Patterns
- See ALL my Vacation Time Articles
- Sign up for my NEWSLETTER
- Share at the FreeQuiltPatterns Flickr!
- Join me online at my Facebook Group