Time for my Fall 2015 Quilt Challenge! My challenges this year have been to use up your SCRAPS.... this is a GOOD thing right? Because then you have more ROOM for new things.. like my fabric... wink!
My family has a fall tradition. We take time to go outside in the evening and look at the night sky. Once the air becomes crisp and clear, pull on a sweater and stand out under the stars, then Make a Wish!
'Little Wishes' is the name of my Scrap Happy Star block! Fall is a GREAT time to dig into your scrap stash!
I've decided to use ONLY my Moda fabric lines PLUS the black and white polka dot for my star points, this is going to be SO fun!
Here is my layout.. Scraps, black and white polka dots, markers for the background squares, rotary cutter and 6.5" square ruler for trimming.
The Challenge Details..
- Cut a lot of scraps into 2.5" squares. Use up left over jelly rolls, ends of Fat Quarters, extra scraps you have to use up
- Cut 3.5" background squares
- Cut 4" light background squares for HST
- Cut 4" star point squares. I am going to use the same fabric for all the points
- Use my Little Wishes Star block pattern (see below)
- Start sewing Little Wishes blocks!
- By Nov 1 make a crib size or larger quilt TOP to share!! Woohoo! I will put a page up on Nov 1 for you to share your quilt TOP (note the word top, although i will give extra brownie points for it being quilted). Then on Nov 15 I'll pick someone to win a prize from me!
Here is a refresher on how to make 2 Half Square Triangle blocks (HST) from squares. The size above is what I use in my stars.
Between now and then I'm going to post some options, inspirations, and have some photo sharing so we can share our progress
And the Quilt show page is OPEN! Click HERE
Remember there is a 2015 Challenge categories on the right side bar to find the posts easily (I'm ALWAYS thinking of you!)
Here are four I did last night! Remember there will be a prize to someone at the end of next month.. and it's ALWAYS fun to sew together.
- Black with white Polka dot fabric
- Ruler and Rotary cutter I love
- The markers, buy 2 packs!
- You can buy my fabric HERE
Are you taking my Scrap Happy 'Little Wishes' Challenge??
leave me a comment!
article continues below ad