It is SO THRILLING to see all the Vacation Time blocks showing up!! Down By the Board walk never looked more beautiful!
I attempted to take a beachy photo of my blocks. What do you think? I may have to take some with me on the cruise at the end of the month! if you are joining me, bring your block!!
Let's see just a sprinkling of the blocks being made. look at the difference a choice of fabric will make!
You can share you picture at our Flickr site
And a few more! Several of you are making the quilt with a vacation theme fabric, that is SO EXCITING! I've also spotted some holiday fabrics, and some are making more than one!
To find all my articles about the Mystery quilt there is a category on the right side bar.
You can also SUBSCRIBE to my articles so you don't miss anything
post continues below ad
I want also answer some questions I've seen pop up.. here we go...
- Is it hard? No! just go slow and ask questions at my group
- Do I have to use your fabric? No! But it sure would be nice if you added some of mine to your quilt, don't you think? it also helps support all this free fun you get! See my Fabric Lines
- I can't find the EXACT fabrics you used, help! Well now is the time to branch out a bit. Use some of mine (stores online here) and ask the shop to help you fill out the rest. Make it uniquely YOU
- My block didn't turn out perfect, Help! Go back and make a practice one measureing EACH UNIT as you sew to find out where it went wrong. Is it your 1/4" seam? did you trim each unit to the correct size before sewing? Post photos at my Group for people to help you.
- I'm AFRAID to use my fabric, cut, buy, sew... etc.. etc.. etc... as it won't be PERFECT the first time! Well now if you did everything perfect that certainly wouldn't be any fun! You have to DO to learn. You can't learn to sew well by reading, you learn to sew well by doing. Make a test block with scraps if you are that unsure.
- I don't have ... stash or money to buy new fabric right now, help! Either go shopping looking for discounted fabric, use clothing to try this out, maybe ask in your community/church/civic groups to see if there are people with fabric they are willing to sell to you at a discount. you can do anything you set your mind to .. but you have to want it bad enough.
Other questions ask in the comments!
Time to share your quilts and blocks with me!!..
what have you been working on? Hit that little blue buttons and load a photo from your computer to share, no website needed!