Some of you are looking to make your 2015 Vacation Time Mystery as close to my quilt as possible, by collecting my fabrics to use.... thank you!!
I did not organize to have anyone make kits of my fabric, but your favorite shop is always happy to help you and can suggest a custom kit for you, just ask them and show them the supply list!
If you are shopping for similar fabrics, look super close at mine. There are a LOT of tonals. Then the Border print on this one has RED in it. That RED is repeated in the chevron and the aqua print with red flowers.
The navy Border print has WHITE in it. That WHITE is repeated in the navy print with white flowers.
Other than those things, many of the fabrics read tonal. I did it this way so you can easily find similar fabric. OR scoll down to the shops listed below and you can get them all with just a bit of shopping.
I am mixing cottons and batkis from my fabric line One for You, One for Me from Moda. But you don't have to do that. It seems many of the shops online have only the cottons or only the batiks. But if you order from a few places you can get all the fabric, the background and the coneflower prints are hard to find online.
I see backgrounds available as of 1/4/15 at http://www.pnqs.net/one-for-you-one-for-me-43045-11.html
- sweettreasuresquilts many pieces
- Wintercreekcloth has the aqua coneflowers and the Cottons
- Weresewcreative.com has many of the prints including Aqua and Navy coneflowers
- Cloth Carousel has both the background dot and the Navy Coneflowers
- Prossersewingbasket has both Aqua and Navy coneflowers plus several other cottons.
- Fabric Shack has some of the cottons and some of the batiks including the chevrons
- Stitchen Heaven has both the Aqua and Navy coneflowers
- Missouri Star has both the Aqua and Navy coneflowers
- Thrifty needle has the Navy Coneflower
- Queenbsquiltshop.com you have to call to order
If you are looking for a nice substitute for the background small dots, I like Moda's essentials with the red dot. I've used it in other projects and it will have a similar feel buy it at this link Moda Essential Dots (#8654-51) White/Red Fabric
If you are looking to substitue the batiks for cottons, there is nothing of mine that works for the chevron in cotton, so why don't you just TRY the batik? it's a great fabric to work with and you can get it.
The green batik print can be replaced by this cotton.. FatQuarter shop has it HERE
At my facebook group many of you have been sharing the fabrics you collected to use, it's so exciting!
Today I want to show you the collections above because they FEEL similar to mine in balance of color. You can click the photo and it will take you to a larger image at my flickr page.
On Dec 26, 2014 these shops have the some of my fabric online, if you know of other shops email me. Enter SLOAN in the search box at the store
CLICK HERE to see the line . Both cottons and Batiks. Plus my patterns featuring the fabric line.
post continues below ad