I'm delighted to kick off 2015 a bit early with Block 1 of My Free Mystery Vacation Time! Let me tell you about it
"Down by the Boardwalk"
Our Mystery is being sponsored by the wonderful folks at FreeQuiltPatterns.info. let me explain how it works.
- Each month I give you a section of my Mystery Quilt.
- The pattern will always be at the FreeQuiltPatterns website.
- I will always link to MY page first to share some insight that is not over there. So you will read here, then pop over to their site to see my video and download the pattern. I know it's 2 places, but that's how it works when someone has hired me to create a project for them. It's Totally worth it to look at both.. thank you!
- There is ALWAYS a link on MY Free pattern page to where the patterns are. AND I have a category link on the right side bar for all articles about the mystery.
Are you SUPER impatient and don't want to read anymore? Well if you pinkie swear you will come back, then you can go get the pattern and return... promise?
So why did I pick a theme of Vacation Time? Because I love to have fun and I love vacations! I don't think any of us have enough time off (except you retired folks and then YOU still tell me you have too much to do!)
Making a block together each month will be our little vacation together... You + Me
The blocks are all pieced, but the names and inspiration is something I do, you do, we all might do while on Vacation!
Vacations mean the Ocean to me. When I was little my family lived in Long Branch NJ just a few blocks from the beach. We went often and I find the sights, smells and sounds of the sea are an inspiration to me.
....Under the boardwalk, down by the sea.... On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be.... Play this while you read on! Under the Boardwalk by the 'Modern' Drifters who sound like the originals... sweet!
You might be new to quilting, new to blocks of the month, new to working with my patterns, or new to mystery quilts. If you did Globetrotting in 2014 with me, you are familiar with the pattern style for these mysteries. If you are new, the patterns are long and have a lot of pages. I write them as if you were sitting with me in a workshop. Once you get used to the format, you are good to go! For experienced quilters there is a diagram up front.
Here are my top 3 things to remember
- Take your time - read what I wrote. measure twice before cutting
- Ask Questions at my online communities... Facebook and my Quilt Bee. There are people to help you. Do NOT get frustrated. Just be calm and ask, someone will help.
- BREATH. Sometimes we get so excited and worked up don't we? Then we get a wee bit crazy. Just remember this is fun, it's not stressful when you take your time.
Are you ready to have fun? Good! let's go Sew!
- GET The Pattern
- My Facebook Group
- My online Quilt Bee
- Song Lyrics - because i know you want to sing along!
New to my site?
- Join my newsletter
- Subscribe to receive my newest articles in your inbox
- Listen to my Podcasts
- Join me at my Quilt Bee online and my Facebook Quilt Along
- I have a TON of freebies and travel to teach HERE
- Join me at Instagram
post continues below ad