Sometimes wonderful opportunities come my way. Like meeting Michele Muska. I first meet Michele when I was doing some work in the craft industry and we have been great friends ever since!
As I arrived at the trade show a few months back I was greeted by a huge hug and a request from Michele! She asked if I would contribute a quilt to her book called "Quilting the New Classics". OF COURSE I would!
The book is finally here and it is beautiful!
The 2nd quilt on that stack is MINE!
Michele wanted to show how quilts using a block can be traditional (often with a flair) or Contempory and Modern. But be based on the exact same block principles.
I selected the amazing and versitle Log Cabin block
I did a lot of research on log cabins looking at antique quilts to find a layout that spoke tome. I wanted a large center and a very distint light and dark.
Plus many logcabin did not have borders, so neither does mine.
My partner in this block is the super talented Jacquie Gering with her clean lined and minimalist block
Every chapter pays tribute to the block made up in antique quilts. This is one of my favorite parts! Then Michele has a beautiful write up about the block and the two designers that took on the challenge.
I thought you'd like to see the quilt!
And a traditional baptist fan was quilted by Cindy and Dennis Dickinson
What about the back?... Yep.. pieced! I had a couple of left over blocks too!
Here are some of us with Michele signing books!! That was SUPER fun!! And now.. I have a book giveaway!
Leave me a comment below by Nov 6 telling me
What is YOUR FAVORITE Quilt block!
If you can't wait to find out... use my Amazon button to get your own copy! You can also visit all the others on the tour for a chance to win!
20-Michele Muska https://www.lolarae.com/blog.html
- 21--Leslie Tucker Jennison https://leslietuckerjenison.blogspot.com
- 23--Valerie Bothell https://pinkbunnykansas.blogspot.com
- 24--Kaari (French General) : www.frenchgeneral.blogspot.com
- 25--Elisa Sims Albury : www.stitchoutsidetheditch.com
- 26--Heather Jones https://oliverands.com/blog/
- 27--Victoria Findlay Wolfe https://www.bumblebeansinc.blogspot.com
- 28--Amy Smart : https://www.diaryofaquilter.com
- 29--Jackie Kunkel: https://cvquiltworks.com/blogs/blog
- 30- ME!! https://blog.patsloan.com/
- 31-- Shelly Pagliai https://prairiemoonquilts.com/?page_id=62
post continues below ad