TRUE CONFESSIONS... When I'm on travel to teach at your guilds and shops I am not able to get in much sewing. I take along a project but I don't usually sew on it much.
I'm now home for a few days before I leave to Ohio to teach.
I decided that I am going to get in my 10 minutes a day for the rest of the month..
THEN see if I can do it for EVERY day in August.
What do you think?
In August I'm home more, so that will be perfect for getting my 10 minutes in. And I have a BUNCH of projects I can do... so many that I need to make a list!
The other day at my online quilt bee there was a great discussion on keep a list of what we want to work on so that we make it happen. I'm SUCH a list maker this speaks to my heart. Should I wait until I'm back.. or .. what the Heck...start it tonight!
MAKE A LIST!
Why don't you challenge YOURSELF to sew 10 minutes a day with me.
Leave me a comment telling me how you keep motivated to work on your projects
I am going to give away 5 of my Moda Candies (42 of my 2.5" squares)
from my new fabric line to 5 people who comment between now and Aug 6!
- 1. Carrie B - I always have a note book handy and looking at all the quilting posts on Facebook and interest keeps me motivated.
- 2. Susan S. - My job is really stressful and some days just knowing that my fabric and machine are waiting for me at home gives me something to look forward. I relax and unwind by working on my projects. I currently have five projects in process. Even 10 minutes can help a lot.
- 3. Katie Jane C - I have 5 sewing friends that I sew with and we group text regularly. Seeing their projects and progress motivates me to work on mine and show and tell with them !! https://katiejanequilts.blogspot.com/
- 4. Julie D - I am really going to try this!!! I am a family and consumer sciences teacher and I still have construction units in a few of my classes. There is nothing more inspiring then helping students learn how to construct a project and be proud of their a complishments! One students skirt she made in class is even going to Iowa State 4-H fair!!!!! I was beaming with joy and pride for that student!!! Sewing is not a lost art!!! But I sometimes don't take enough time for myself to sew-----soooo I am really going to do this challenge!!!
- 5. Janis K - As much as I love to quilt, I have a hard time staying motivated. I am a big-time list maker, too, and it seems to always be a mile long with family chores and I have the problem of feeling like I can't take time to quilt unless I accomplish several things on my list which I rarely seem to do. My husband always tells me to just make time because it's something I enjoy. He takes time for his hobbies so I shouldn't feel guilty when I do. So . . . I'm going to use your 10-minutes-a-day Challenge to help me learn to play in my quilt room more. I think once I start with 10 minutes a day, I might be able to "get over" this feeling of needing to accomplish before I can "play". So thank you for this challenge.
post continues below ad