Do you find it hard to find TIME to make a label for your quilt? Even simple ones?
Years ago I came up with the idea of Triangle labels. they solve a few problems.
- They go UNDER your binding so they are super secure
- They are fast to make, we like that!
- And you sew 2 sides into your binding so you only hand stitch one side...
Let me show you how easy this is!
I have this container full of fabric for labels.
Take a square.. anywhere from 5" to 8" square. Cut it in half for triangles.
Get some fabric strips. I use leftover binding. This is 1.5" wide with one edge folded under 1/4".
You can also use leftover double binding.. all good stuff!
measure out a strip that is at least 1/2" longer on both sides of the long edge of the triangle.
Put the label and strip right sides together
Sew and press open.
Using your ruler trim the excess off even with the triangle
Position in the corner of your quilt.
Now to sew on your binding!
I sew from the back and pull to the front. Where I will blanket stitch the binding on the front.
zoom zoom.. sew on that binding!
When It's all sewn down it will look like this
My other BIG TIP for motivating me to have a label is to
- cut a label and put the edge on as soon as the top is done
- cut the Binding as soon as the top is done
- store both of these with the pattern in a bag until the top is quilted.
- And what info do I put on it?
- Name of the person the quilt is for (and not Bob.. Bob Smith)
- My name... (not Aunt Pat, but Pat Sloan. If you want to put Aunt Pat that's good, just put your full name too)
- City and State
- Year Completed
- Phone number and email (incase it's misplaced)
CLICK HERE to JOIN me at my Quilt Along PAGE!