Once a month I am going to touch base with my word of the year and see how I'm doing with it. I'm in Edwards year long workshop "One Little Word" ... you can subscribe to CLICK HERE for details.
This year I've chosen "Balance" as my word. In past years I've had a word, and to be honest .. by about March I've forgotten to follow my word and hold it to my heart. This year is different. For some reason, maybe it's the word, maybe the moon and stars are aligned just right, ... but something is different and I'm happy about that.
I've been living my word... BALANCE.
I've been thinking about it, trying to bring it into my life everyday
The bike and that quote are SO GREAT for describing EXACTLY how I feel about Balance.
And I bought that necklace with the word...which I'm wearing almost everyday.
What did I say Balance would be, and what really happened the last 4 weeks?
- Balance my work life by Creating a better daily Work Flow. - THIS I'm feeling great about.. SUPER great..I'm thinking and planning for how my workflow will be after a few big projects are delivered.. ALL GOOD!
- Balance my non work time by adding in MORE time to Play! Play with non work quilts. Play outside. Play at other activities not related to work. - . I'm taking off more time.. I'm playing more with fabric with no purpose in mind as that gives me joy and feeds my soul.
- Balance my everyday by concentrating on 'Enjoying the moment'... without looking forward so soon. I will stay with the present and savory it. The every day and the extraordinary experiences I'm lucky enough to encounter.- I feel more centered, less stressed... running your own business is stressful, even when you love the business... I am doing better at enjoying exactly what I'm doing at the moment. Instead of rushing to finish. Even the boring crap... ha!
- Blance my health with More exercise - not so much.. but I am thinking about it!
- Balance my non work life by Exploring some new hobbies. This one is hard right now as I have some big project deadlines, BUT.. I signed up at the last moment for an online workshop as the artist giving it really excited me. And I figure I'll just fit it in, fit in some JOYFUL play! I also am looking at my bread baking.. and working on photo taking. All these things are fun and creative and I am excited about them.
And I am looking at COLOR .. color color color! So in February I'm combining COLOR, PLAY and Photography by taking a photo of something RED Each and Every day in Feb! you can see them on Instagram and my FaceBook page
This is my new toaster, my old toaster died the same day as my very elderly fridge died. So many people have asked me where to get this one.. it has great reviews.. and .. IT"s RED! CLICK HERE for the Hamilton Beach 2 Slice Metal Toaster, in Candy Apple Red
You can join me here at my blog and at my internet group for constant encouragement and chatter on your word! CLICK HERE To join me!
Click here for my January Post about my word
How are you doing with YOUR WORD?
Tell me in the comments, I really want to know.
post continues below ad