Back in 2006 I found a Caribou Coffee napkin with the quote "Feel the Twinkle". I was smitten. What if I 'felt the Twinkle' all year long. What would it be like to have a word or motto that I referred to for the whole year. A word that will give me a check point to be sure I'm living my best life?
This started my word of the year adventure.
In 2007 Ali Edwards started her "One Little Word" and I've followed along with her. She has a year long workshop you can subscribe to CLICK HERE for details.
This year I've chosen "Balance" as my word. A word that I plan to hold close to my heart. I plan to look at it and have it guide me each and every day. I've already used it several times today (is that GOOD or bad?? I'll let you know.. ha!)
Let me tell you what this word means to me, and how I plan to use it.
I want to ...
- Balance my work life by Creating a better daily Work Flow. Not so crazy. Not so many unrealistic deadlines. I want to enjoy every little bit of owning my own business. I want to bring the fun back on a full time salary.
- Balance by non work time by adding in MORE time to Play! Play with non work quilts. Play outside. Play at other activities not related to work.
- Balance my everyday by concentrating on 'Enjoying the moment'... without looking forward so soon. I will stay with the present and savory it. The every day and the extraordinary experiences I'm lucky enough to encounter.
- Blance my health with More exercise
- Balance my non work life by Exploring some new hobbies. I have a few in mind.. I'll report back during the year on this!
You can join me here at my blog and at my internet group for constant encouragement and chatter on your word! CLICK HERE To join me!
What is your Motto or Word for the Year?
Put it in my comments below!
post continues below ad