Welcome to Day 1 of the Quilting Gallery's "Glorious Autumn Block" Party!!!
Michele has the BEST ideas.... Here are the Party details
- The Party runs from today, September 4, 2012 to December 13, 2012
- 45 designers creating 12” quilt blocks and tutorials... yes.. 45 quilt blocks!
- Designer GIVEAWAYS! (mine is further down... yeah!)
- Designer profiles at Quilting Gallery
- And a Super Deal for the day at the Quilting Gallery each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the hop!
So let's Pick some Fabrics
I started with Moda's Etchings.. added in a bit of red basicgrey also from Moda.. and a green from P&B that worked!
Select some GREAT Thread..
I love Aurifil 50wt in matching colors.. it blends right in!
Have all the applique ready.
Now fold and crease that background block like the photo. This gives you a placement guide
Position the centers then the stems for that symetrical setting we ALL crave from time to time... wink!
I did my block with fusible applique, but you can certainly use any method you like.
A stem options would be to use rick rack!
In the pattern I put 9 blocks together in repeat so you can see how it looks.. I might have to do that!
My Giveaway is open until the end of the Day next Monday!! Enter for a chance to win a Jelly roll of my batik "Eat Your Fruits and Veggies" with Moda.. and a Aurifil thread Sampler..
"Tell me YOUR FAVORITE Fall item, and why"
pumpkins, leaves, wearing your sweater... what is it that you love about fall?
This week the other blogs are
And the Quilters Deal for the day?
66% off Fat Quarter Bundles this week only at Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day website... CLICK HERE