To say I'm honored to be asked to share the American Patchwork & Quilting 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge is an understatement.
Making and giving quilts and Pillowcases to others is a privledge and a joy for me. Each piece I make for someone I don't know is filled with Love.
Every stitch, every fabric, every cut is done with love and a pray. I don't know the person who is in need and will recive what I made, but I hope my quilt or pillowcase gives them some comfort.
American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine has set a goal of recording 1 Million pillowcases made for Charity. This Blog hop is to encourage you to make and give.. then record what you did at the magazine website!
Would you make a pillowcase with me?
I am using the "Rick Rack" band pattern from the website, there are quite a few patterns you can choose from. Simple to 'less' simple... pick what speaks to you.
Mine is being made to go with a quilt!
I think making a matching pillowcase for the quilt is a wonderful combo. This is my "Eat Your Fruit's and Veggies" fabric from Moda. I used the Basketweave print for the body then a tonal on the band with a batik for the rick rack!
Here is the quilt.
The Center of the quilt was made by a lady who was doing my "OP" Challenge. She trade with me for some fabric, but I can't remember her name!!! Email me if you are the one I traded with.
I added the borders. Then Cindy and Dennis of Pink Paw Studio quilted it for charity.. thank you guys!
Look at this cool pattern they quilted.. I need this design quilted on a piece for me!
So who do you give your charity quilts to?
A few years ago my good friend Victoria Findlay Wolfe of Bumblebeans asked me to work with her to collect quilts for a facility in NYC called Basics. This is where families go who need some help and they do an amazing job. Victoria's efforts have collected hundreds of quilts. The best part is the 'giveaway' day when the quilts are presented!
This photo is from earlier this year when this set of quilts were to give to families.
Learn about Victoria's involvment with Quilts for this charity at her Bumble Beans Basics site
See more photos of the quilts being delivered at Victoria's Flickr page CLICK HERE
Will you make a Pillowcase and give it to your favorite Charity then record it?
Just one pillowcase filled with love can make a huge difference to someone. leave me a note, I'd love to know about the charity work you do.
Here's the schedule:
1. Welcome from American Patchwork & Quilting (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
2. Rashida Coleman-Hale (http://www.iheartlinen.typepad.com/)
3. Olivia and Alayna's Pillowcase Project (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
4. Morgan’s Smile Factory (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
5. Pat Sloan (http://blog.patsloan.com/)
6. Northcott (http://pattispatchwork.com/)
7. Betsy Chutchian (http://betsysbestquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/)
8. Vanessa Christenson (http://www.vanessachristenson.com/)
9. Andover Fabrics (http://blog.andoverfabrics.com/)
10. Laurie Simpson (http://minickandsimpson.blogspot.com/)
11. Oak Hill, Ohio (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
12. Robert Kaufman Fabrics (http://www.swatchandstitch.com/)
13. Pam Buda (http://www.heartspunquilts.blogspot.com/)
14. Indygo Junction (http://www.indygojunction.com/blog/)
15. 4-H (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
16. Katie Hennagir (http://baywindowquiltshop.wordpress.com/)
17. Anni Downs (http://hatchedandpatched.typepad.com/)
18. FreeSpirit Fabrics (http://www.freespiritfabric.blogspot.com/)
19. American Patchwork & Quilting Staff (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/)
20. Patty Young (http://modkidboutique.blogspot.com/)
21. Moda Fabrics (http://modafabrics.blogspot.com/)
22. Monica Solorio-Snow (http://thehappyzombie.com/blog/)
23. Moda Bake Shop (http://www.modabakeshop.com/)
24. Andover Fabrics (http://blog.andoverfabrics.com/)
25. Roseann Kermes from Rosebud’s Cottage (http://rosebudscottage.typepad.com/)
26. Ann Kelle for Shannon Fabrics (http://www.annkelle.com/category/blog/)
27. Therm O Web (http://blog.thermoweb.com/)
28. Edyta Sitar (http://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/blog/)
29. Fabri-Quilt (http://inspiredbyfabric.blogspot.com/)
30. Cherri House (www.cherryhousequilts.com)