Today I'm heading to South Africa for the first International Quilt Africa show
I am more excited than you can EVEN imagine!
It's been interesting to organize to teach.
- I sent a box of supplies and quilts in March. I've never done that before so I hope and pray I packed everything I need!
- I'm hand carrying more quilts in my limited 18lb carry-on luggage ... SERIOUS.. do they really expect women to ONLY carry on 18lb AND a purse? I'm weighing the purse too.. have you weighed YOURs lately?
- I have a minimum number of clothing in my suitcase so there is room to bring back goodies
- I'm not taking my fancy phone, just the plain jane model, which means my only way to connect is via my Kindle fire by email (pray for me as I may be in withdraw after a few days)
- All my photos will be shown when I come back as I'll have no way to load them off my Fire and the fire doesn't have a camers (bleh!)
The organizers of this event are top notch, my fellow quilt teachers ROCK with love and personality, and I've been emailing with quilters in South Africa and can not WAIT to finally meet them in peson!
You can read about the event at their site http://iqcafrica.ning.com/
I do have some GREAT posts autoloaded for you... so come over each day and check out my
- Featured quilters,
- QAL Blocks,
- fabric finds and more!
Be home in 9 days.. hope to send Facebook and Blog posts by email.
ps.. linda in calif won Jane Sassaman's book ... her comment
"Wow! That's about all I can say as my mouth is on the floor. Great interview. I love these fabrics and the quilt in her book. I would love to win. She has already done a few of my favorite flowers - but has she done sweet peas? "